We are looking for an Executive Assistant to perform a variety of administrative tasks and support our company’s executive team, including the CEO. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to act without guidance and with discretion and confidentiality. Ultimately, you will contribute to the efficiency of our business by providing personalized and timely administrative support. Learn more at www.animikii.com/careers.
Animikii is a Victoria-based social enterprise (Certified B Corp / Certified Aboriginal Business) that works with leading, Indigenous-focused organizations from all industries to drive positive change for Indigenous Peoples through technology.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Executive assistant to the CEO, including e-mail triage, calendar management, scheduling and taking on special projects.
- Conserve the executive team’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters, e-mails and documents; drafting employment, contractor and MOU agreements based on company templates; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating outbound communications.
- Financial tasks and bookkeeping duties such as running payroll, processing expense reports, scanning receipts, invoicing, and following up on client accounts.
- HR related tasks such as supporting the Director of People Operations in the development and advertising of job opportunities at Animikii.
- Develop, maintain, and improve our electronic filing systems and procedures including documenting how-to process documentation for commonly repeating tasks.
- Use software to format and prepare documents, spreadsheets, forms, databases, reports, presentations, and other documents.
- Schedule and prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, and take detailed minutes.
- Coordinate and plan in-house or off-site activities such as events, parties, celebrations, and conferences.
- Transcribe material from handwritten notes or dictation.
- Arrange staff travel arrangements and accommodations.
- Research information and provide a summary of findings with recommendations.
- If you are in Victoria, serve as the point person for office manager duties including facilities maintenance, shipping & receiving, ordering supplies, making purchases, running errands, and offering excellent hospitality to Animikii’s office guests.
- Support the operations of our co-working space, the Songhees Innovation Centre, where Animikii is headquartered.
- Support our social impact efforts through pro-bono time, volunteering, workshop delivery or other giving back initiatives.
What We’re Looking For…
In an ideal world, we are looking for folks with the following combination of skills and experience. This is our wish list. However, we’re willing to give anybody who is values-aligned and passionate about this opportunity a shot:
- Individuals who are interested to implement and lead through Animikii’s core values: Humility, Truth, Honesty, Wisdom, Respect, Courage and Love
- 3-5 years experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant, executive assistant, or office manager.
- Experience with bookkeeping and payroll.
- Valid drivers licence and personal vehicle for transportation and local delivery.
- Experience working in a remote-friendly company using online tools and software.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Drive (documents & spreadsheets).
- Motivated self-starter; ability to start, manage, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Express a demonstrated interest in working with Indigenous communities.
- Team collaborators who are willing to work in a dynamic, growing organization and are excited at the idea of wearing many hats and jumping in to help on tasks, even if it’s outside of their core skill set or job description.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Animikii is diversity in tech in action and we value a diverse workforce. Indigenous people, people of color, women, people with disabilities, and members of the Two Spirit (2S) & LGBTQIA+ communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Animikii believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our team culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please let us know.
How to Apply
This position is remote-friendly and the start date is negotiable. Closing date for applications is has been extended to April 30th, 2021. Competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and letter communicating your desire to join our team. In your letter, please address the following five topics in the order described below:
- Describe two things that attracted you to this job opportunity at Animikii?
- Why do you want to work at an Indigenous-focused organization like ours?
- Which of our values are most important to you in the workplace (Humility, Truth, Honesty, Wisdom, Respect, Courage and Love)?
- What role have you held in the past that you sense is most similar to this role — or — what life experiences have you had that you sense have prepared you most for this role?
- Operating as a social enterprise and giving back are foundational to our work at Animikii. How would you use technology, innovation, your energy and company resources to give back to the community?
Self-identifying as Indigenous, having first-hand knowledge or experience working with an Indigenous community will be considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.